What do Marking Clerks do?
Print and attach price tickets to articles of merchandise using one or several methods, such as marking price on tickets by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Put price information on tickets, marking by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Pin, paste, sew, tie, or staple tickets, tags, or labels to article.
- Record number and types of articles marked and pack articles in boxes.
- Mark selling price by hand on boxes containing merchandise.
- Record price, buyer, and grade of product on tickets attached to products auctioned.
- Keep records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
- Indicate item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
- Change the price of books in a warehouse.
Related Jobs (Marking Clerks)