What do Licensing Examiners and Inspectors do?
Examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for, conformity with, or liability under licenses or permits.
- Issue licenses to individuals meeting standards.
- Evaluate applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Administer oral, written, road, or flight tests to license applicants.
- Score tests and observe equipment operation and control to rate ability of applicants.
- Advise licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Warn violators of infractions or penalties.
- Prepare reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, or decisions.
- Prepare correspondence to inform concerned parties of licensing decisions or appeals processes.
- Confer with or interview officials, technical or professional specialists, or applicants to obtain information or to clarify facts relevant to licensing decisions.
- Report law or regulation violations to appropriate boards or agencies.
- Visit establishments to verify that valid licenses or permits are displayed and that licensing standards are being upheld.
Related Jobs (Licensing Examiners and Inspectors)